Member Recruiting....

Discussion in 'General Site Support/Discussion' started by Marty, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Marty

Marty Mage Staff Member Owner of MVD Video Author

Anyone have any ideas on how we can grow the membership?
  2. JMBMagic

JMBMagic Virtuoso Staff Member Video Author Founding Member

Word of mouth is really the best way. Everyone's just gotta tell their friends who are magicians about it. Other than that there's just posting on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. Though making an official Facebook Fan page and Twitter for the site and posting interesting content on those pages could potentially draw traffic to the site as well. There's also posting about it on other magic forums, but that might do more harm than good as I'm unaware if that is frowned upon or not....
  3. Marty

I do have a FB page and Twitter for this site, just not using them yet. But I did get them "Reserved" lol....Ya I messaged some admins of popular sites, but none of them have even replied to me.
  4. JMBMagic

I don't know if you've been paying attention to the /r/magic subreddit, but the post you made about the site has gotten more comments, in regards to feedback about the appearance/videos. I think actively addressing the concerns on there, as well as reaching out to the rest of the magic community on there periodically for feedback as well as just to let them know the site exists would be beneficial to gaining new members.
    RajeshLGov likes this.
  5. Marty

Ya I did see the comments and I replied to them about an hour ago or so. For some reason I didn't get the notification I normally get that someone replied so I didn't see it right away.
  6. JMBMagic

I had an idea for how to potentially recruit. Have you considered putting out an ad for the site in magicians magazines (Magic Magazine, Genni, The Linking Ring, M-U-M Magazine, etc.) A lot of magicians subscribe to and receive those publications regularly so you would be advertising the site directly to your target demographic.
  7. RajeshLGov

RajeshLGov Magician Video Author

Contact Admin of Full circle magic on FaceBook, tell them about the site. I think you'll get a lot of members from there. Best Wishes.