Online Stores

Discussion in 'Resources/Books/DVDs/etc' started by JMBMagic, Feb 20, 2014.

1. JMBMagic

JMBMagic Virtuoso Staff Member Video Author Founding Member

So I thought I'd make a post about some of my favorite online shops that I usually buy from.

For street magic and walk-around type of effects, there's good ol' Ellusionist. They're customer support is really good and they also have an active forum for their products and magic in general.

Next up for magic in general across many different disciplines (cards, close-up, mentalism, stage, etc.) I recommend both Penguin Magic and The Magic Warehouse. They both have a very wide selection and excellent customer support.
  2. Marty

Marty Mage Staff Member Owner of MVD Video Author

I remember when Ellusionist first started! I got several of the very first black edition cards they were selling at the time. I am pretty sure I have 2-3 packs of them still un-opened with the plastic on them!

I do suggest Penguin Magic. When I first started, it seemed like I was ordering from them every week, and it was like Christmas when the package showed up. That was probably 11-12 years ago now! Even way back then they were offering free shipping! I bet 90% of my stuff came from them!
    JMBMagic likes this.
  3. JMBMagic

Ah Ellusionist and their custom decks. That's probably what I buy most from them lol. I was lucky enough to win one of their limited Red Artifice decks at Magic Live! a few years ago :)

As for Penguin, same exact thing! They were who I always ordered from back when I first started all those years ago. I still have many of the the effects I purchased from them and I'd dare say at least 50% if not more of my stuff is from them.
  4. douglasnagel22

douglasnagel22 Magician

Not sure about ellusionist, but I know right now, for the past several months, if you spend over $75 american dollars, you get a free Genii magazine download. Also, anything over 25 is free USPS shipping.
  5. Bizzaro

Bizzaro Magician Video Author Founding Member

I use whoever is cheapest. (Mind you the last time I bought anything from an online shop is... um....)
  6. Spencer Bangerter

Spencer Bangerter Magician

Theory 11 is also pretty good. Jason England is probably my favorite teacher for Sleights.
  7. Joe McKnight

Joe McKnight Magician Video Author

Penguin is a great store.
  8. Card Phantom

Card Phantom Magician Video Author

Penguin Magic is my choice. They have great customer service, a ton of products and DVDs, and their attention to detail is spot on. When I ordered something for my son for the holidays, they sent me a video of santa packing my order. Ellusionist is great for cards and card clips ( I really like the white ghost) but as far as buying magic, I always go with Penguin Magic.
  9. JMBMagic

Yeah, Penguin has always had superb customer service. I remember last year an order I made was stolen and never delivered so they just sent me out another package (it was a 5 for $99 deal so they ended up replacing well over $100 worth of product) and of the replacement they sent me, one of the effects was defective, so once again they sent me a replacement. That's cool that they did the Santa video for your order for your son!
  10. Marty

Marty Mage Staff Member Owner of MVD Video Author

I have been using them for over 10 years and they are awesome.

Just this year I got an Electronic Gift Card for someone... and it was "used" .... they replaced it for me really quickly.
    JMBMagic likes this.
  11. johan rzymski

johan rzymski Magician Video Author Founding Member

If anyone from the UK is reading then still there is couple of magic shops i buy from. I like Ellusionist and Penguin but we have the shipping costs. Anyway if your interested and you live in the UK i use bigblindmedia.com and the magicshop.co.uk both are great sites some downloads avalible as well as items sent through the post. If you like some really cool decks of cards like from Ellusionist, Theory 11, Blue Crown etc i use jpplayingcards.co.uk awesome site with so many great decks.
    http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/

http://www.bigblindmedia.com/